Ampelopsis japonica Makino Extract is a traditional medicine used to treat fever, pain, and wound healing. It exhibits anti-inflammatory, antitumor, antityrosinase, and anti-melanogenic activities. Catechin, gallic acid, kaempferol, quercetin, resveratrol, and epicatechin are the main antioxidant components in A. japonica Makino Extract.
What are the benefits of Ampelopsis japonica Makino Extract?
- Anti-inflammatory activity: there are studies showing that Ampelopsis japonica Makino Extract has potential in treating psoriasis because of its anti-inflammatory properties. This indicates that the extract can be used in skincare and also treat certain inflammatory diseases.
- α-Glucosidase and Acetylcholinesterase inhibitory activities: The extract also has significant α-glucosidase and acetylcholinesterase inhibitory activities which can help to treat diabetes and Alzheimer’s disease
- Antitumor activity: Ampelopsis japonica Makino Extract has also been shown to inhibit the growth of tumors in the body.
- Wound healing: a study comparing Ampelopsis japonica Makino Extract with silver sulfadiazine and vaseline in the skin of experimentally scalded rats showed that A. japonica Makino Extract has faster and more effective wound healing activities than the other two.
- Anti-tyrosinase activity: A. japonica Makino Extract has an anti-tyrosinase activity that can be used in skincare to prevent pigmentation.
Who can use Ampelopsis japonica Makino Extract?
Ampelopsis japonica Makino Extract should be suitable for all skin types including sensitive skin and skin of colour, but do make sure to conduct a test patch to see if you are allergic to this extract.