Angelica gigas root extract refers to the species Angelica archangelica or A. archangelica. It is a herb used in many Asian countries to treat many diseases and ailments.
Benefits of using Angelica gigas root extract for skin and hair:
- Presence of decursin: decursin is a major component present in Angelica gigas root extract and it has been shown to help with hair growth and can be utilized for developing hair growth-facilitating treatments. It also possess anticancer, antibacterial, and antioxidant effects.
- Anti-aging properties: angelica gigas root extract is also effective in increasing collagen synthesis and helps prevent wrinkles.
- Anti-inflammatory: it also has anti-inflammatory properties that can heal and soothe irritated skin. It can also be used as a face wash or for bathing as it will soothe irritated skin naturally. It can also help with skin discoloration and psoriasis.
- Wound healing: there are studies showing that angelica gigas root extract plays a beneficial role in improving diabetes-impaired wound healing.
Other benefits of Angelica Gigas root extract:
- Ease PMS symptoms, and painful menstrual periods (dysmenorrhea).
- It may help with high blood pressure, joint aches and pains, ulcers, anemia, constipation, digestion, arthritis, heart disease, stroke, migraines, pulmonary hypertension problems during pregnancy, etc.
- It has neuroprotective and cognitive enhancement potential that may help in the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, Huntington’s disease, and multiple sclerosis
Angelica gigas root extract has a lot of benefits but needs more evidence to support it.
Who can use it?
Angelica gigas root extract should be suitable to use for all skin types including sensitive skin and skin of colour, also do conduct a patch test.