Chrysanthemum boreale flower is a perennial plant belonging to the Asteraceae family that is distributed in Asia, including Japan, Korea, and China. It has been used as an oriental medicine to treat pneumonia, colitis, and stomatitis. It has various biological inhibitory effects against cancer, hypertension, inflammation, angiogenesis, and bacteria. It also contains polyacetylenes, essential oils, and flavonoids.
What are the benefits of Chrysanthemum Boreale flower extract?
- Antioxidant: C. boreale flower extract contains a lot of flavonoids that protect the skin against oxidative stress.
- Treatment of vascular disorders: there are studies demonstrating that C. boreale flower extract may inhibit PDGF-BB-induced vascular migration and proliferation, most likely through inhibition of the PDGFR-β-mediated MAPK pathway; therefore, it may be a promising candidate for the development of herbal remedies for vascular disorders.
- May help in the treatment of the retina: C. boreale flower extract may help with age-related macular degeneration (AMD). In retinal diseases (including A2E), C. boreale flower extract contains flavonoids, which may have a protective effect against cell damage caused by A2E, but this has not been studied yet.
- Can help with atopic dermatitis: The flower of Chrysanthemum boreale has traditionally been used to treat various inflammatory diseases including atopic dermatitis.
- Prevent obesity: C. boreale flower extract may be used as a potentially beneficial plant material for preventing obesity when consumed as tea.
Who can use Chrysanthemum Boreale flower extract?
Chrysanthemum Boreale flower extract should be suitable for all skin types including sensitive skin and skin of colour, but do make sure to conduct a test patch to see if you are allergic to this extract.