Dendrobium candidum extract is a source of tonic, astringent, analgesic, antipyretic, and anti-inflammatory substances, and has been traditionally used as medicinal herbs in the treatment of a variety of disorders, such as nourishing the stomach, enhancing the production of body fluids or nourishing Yin.
The main active components in Dendrobium candidum are Dendrobium polysaccharides, dendrobine, amino acids, stilbenes, and their derivatives as well as a variety of volatile components.
What are the benefits of using Dendrobium Candidum Extract?
- Dendrobium candidum has effects of reducing blood glucose and improving immune function, etc., and has a good effect on diseases such as diabetes, cataracts, arthritis, malignant tumors, gastrointestinal diseases, thromboangiitis obliterans, and chronic pharyngitis.
- It helps in promoting hair growth.
- Dendrobium candidum extract is commonly used to treat diseases such as deficiencies of Yin and body fluid, dry mouth, polydipsia, anorexia and vomiturition, asthenia fever after illness, blurred vision, etc.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties that can relieve itchy skin and is applied topically to treat cuts, sores, and minor burns. It is also used for treating psoriasis, pimples, and other skin diseases and infections.
- It has anti-aging properties that can scavenge free radicals and thus reduce oxidative stress and aging.
- It displays tyrosinase‑inhibitory activity and can thus prevent pigmentation on the skin.
- It has skin moisturizing properties.
Who all can use Dendrobium candidum extract?
Dendrobium candidum extract should be suitable for all skin types including sensitive skin and skin of colour, but do make sure to conduct a test patch to see if you are allergic to this extract.
There is not much scientific evidence that Dendrobium candidum extract can help with the benefits mentioned above and medical conditions. Always consult a doctor before using herbs or any plant extracts.