Table of Contents
What is EUCRISA?
EUCRISA is a topical prescription medicine used to treat mild to moderate eczema or atopic dermatitis in adults and children 3 months of age and older.
It is not known if EUCRISA is safe to use in children under 3 months of age.
Do not use EUCRISA in your eyes, mouth, or vagina.
Who should not use EUCRISA?
Do not use EUCRISA if you are allergic to crisaborole or any of the ingredients in EUCRISA.
What should I tell my doctor before using EUCRISA?
Before using EUCRISA, tell your doctor about all of your medical conditions, including if you:
- are pregnant or planning to become pregnant. It is not known if EUCRISA can harm your unborn baby.
- are breastfeeding or planning to breastfeed. It is not known if EUCRISA can pass into your breast milk.
Tell your doctor about all the medicines you take, including prescriptions, vitamins, over-the-counter medicines, and herbal supplements.
EUCRISA shouldn’t be used in patients with known hypersensitivity to crisaborole or any component of the formulation.
Dosage forms and strengths:
Ointment: 20 mg of crisaborole per gram (2%).
How should I use EUCRISA?
- Use EUCRISA exactly as your doctor tells you to use it.
- Start by applying a thin layer of EUCRISA to the areas that are affected 2 times each day.
- Wash your hands immediately after applying EUCRISA, unless your hands are being treated. If someone else is applying EUCRISA for you, then they should wash their hands after applying EUCRISA.
What are the possible side effects of EUCRISA?
Allergic reactions: EUCRISA may cause an allergic reaction at or near the application site. It includes itching, hives, redness, and swelling. If you experience any of these symptoms, stop using EUCRISA and call your doctor right away.
The most common side effect of EUCRISA is application site pain, such as stinging or burning.
How should I store EUCRISA?
- Make sure to store EUCRISA at room temperature, between 68°F and 77°F (20°C and 25°C).
- Keep the tube tightly closed.
What are the ingredients in EUCRISA?
Active ingredient: crisaborole
Inactive ingredients: white petrolatum, paraffin, mono- and di-glycerides, propylene glycol, butylated hydroxytoluene, and edetate calcium disodium