Fructus Crotonis is a Chinese herb commonly known as Croton Seed and Croton Fruit. It is the mature fruit of Croton tiglium L and is used in traditional medicine all around Asia.
What are the benefits of Fructus Crotonis?
- It is used in the treatment of gastrointestinal diseases including abdominal pain, peptic ulcer, constipation, and intestinal inflammation.
- It may help with food stagnation and abdominal masses
- It may help to reduce edema.
- It promotes the healing of abscesses and ulcers.
- It helps with phlegm and improves the condition of the throat
- It may stop diarrhea
- It may inhibit the growth of cancer cells
Who should not use Fructus Crotonis?
- Contraindicated during pregnancy.
- Contraindicated during breastfeeding.
- Contraindicated for weak patients.
- Use with extreme caution as It can be fatal.
- Make sure to not take this herb with hot liquids.
- Avoid direct contact with the skin.
There is not much scientific evidence saying that Fructus Crotonis can help with the above-mentioned benefits and medical conditions. Always consult a doctor before using herbs or any plant extracts.