Benefits of using Phellinus linteus extract:
- Anti-pigmentation properties: phellinus linteus extract has skin-whitening properties similar to arbutin and may help in the reduction of melanin pigment.
- Antioxidant and anti-aging properties: this extract has antioxidant activity that can scavenge free radicals and in turn protect the skin and prevent skin aging. It also has anti-lipid peroxidation and anti-wrinkle effect, so it is therefore used as an anti-wrinkle cosmetic ingredient.
- It is also hydrating due to the presence of ceramides.
- Hepatoprotective properties: there are studies showing that phellinus linteus extract can be used as a dietary supplement to treat hepatitis.
- Anti-cancer: there are studies showing that P. linteus has exhibited antiproliferative, anti-invasive, and anti-angiogenic activities against highly invasive human breast cancer cells.
- Anti-inflammatory and anti-tumor effects: it also has anti-inflammatory effects that can help treat inflammatory diseases such as atopic dermatitis and anti-angiogenic activity that would be partly responsible for its anti-tumor effect.
Who all can use Phellinus linteus extract?
Phellinus linteus extract is suitable for all skin types including sensitive skin and skin of colour, but make sure to check if you’re allergic to these mushrooms.