Table of Contents
What is SpikoGen?
SpikoGen is a COVID-19 vaccine.
What is SpikoGen used for?
- It is a vaccination against COVID-19
- As a booster shot for all COVID-19 vaccine platform types
Who should not use SpikoGen?
SpikoGen should not be used if you have a history of severe allergic reactions or anaphylaxis to any of the components present in this vaccine.
What are the essential points in using SpikoGen?
- You should get all recommended doses of the vaccine on time for maximum immune response.
- Your body will take time to develop immunity after each vaccination. Immunity is expected to develop at least two weeks after the last dose of the vaccine.
- After receiving the vaccine, you should continue to keep a social distance, wear face masks, and wash your hands regularly.
- It is recommended to record the name and the batch number of the product.
Which drugs may interact with the concomitant use of SpikoGen?
SpikoGen is not contraindicated for concomitant use with any medications. But you can still ask your doctor if you have any questions about your illness and getting the vaccine.
Is SpikoGen safe during pregnancy and breastfeeding?
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, consult your doctor before injecting SpikoGen.
What are the possible side effects of SpikoGen?
The most common side effects of SpikoGen include muscle ache, joint pain, nausea, pain and swelling at the injection site, tiredness, headache, fever, and sore throat.
Less common side effects of SpikoGen are dizziness, rhinorrhea, shivering, and diarrhea.
Most of the mild or moderate side effects should disappear within the first 72 hours after the injection without any medical intervention.
Some of the SpikoGen side effects may be similar to COVID-19 symptoms, like fever, shivering, muscle ache, and sore throat. However, if these symptoms last longer than three days or you have other persistent symptoms like cough and dyspnea, this might not be due to SpikoGen’s side effects. You should seek medical advice to rule out COVID-19.
SpikoGen may cause allergic reactions in rare cases. Visit a doctor if you experience lips, tongue, or throat, swollen face, itching, or difficulty breathing after a SpikoGen injection.
How to store SpikoGen?
- Keep SpikoGen at 2 to 8 ° C, away from light and moisture.
- Do not freeze.
- Avoid using the expired vaccine.