Tetrapeptide PKEK is a cosmeceutical peptide. When applied to the skin, it reduces UVB-induced effects by inhibiting the pigmentation process.
Benefits of using Tetrapeptide PKEK:
- Helps with hyperpigmentation, melasma, and uneven skin tone: tetrapeptide PKEK has shown to reduce UVB-induced skin pigmentation and can serve as a skin tone-modulating agent in beauty products.
- A study with 39 Caucasian women showed that facial pigment spots significantly faded after 6 weeks when PKEK was combined with another skincare active (skin whitener) sodium ascorbyl phosphate (SAP), whereas PKEK or SAP alone led to less fading of the pigment spots.
- Adding PKEK to the SAP-containing preparation enhanced the skin whitening potency and was applied for 8 weeks to the back of hands of 19 Caucasians.
- 27 japanese women also applied the PKEK+SAP formula on their faces daily for 8 weeks and it significantly reduced skin pigmentation by 26% and sodium ascorbyl phosphate by 18%.
- Tetrapeptide PKEK was also used on subjects with skin types V-VI living in South Africa. Thus, it is proven that tetrapeptide PKEK can reduce melasma and postinflammatory hyperpigmentation.
Who all can use Tetrapeptide PKEK?
Tetrapeptide PKEK is suitable for all skin types, especially sensitive skin and skin of colour.