Tuber melanosporum extract (black truffle) is an ingredient used in food and is one of the most expensive edible mushrooms in the world. It is also used in cosmetic products because of its many
Benefits of using Tuber melanosporum extract:
- Humectant: tuber melanosporum extract can act as a humectant and attract moisture from the air into your skin in turn moisturizing and keeping your skin smooth.
- It has anti-diabetic properties: in a rat model with enforced high blood sugar levels (hyperglycemia) to represent the effects seen in diabetes, giving Tuber melanosporum was able to reduce high levels of glucose and this was done for 8 weeks. This means that Tuber melanosporum may be able to bring down glucose levels in diabetics
- Antioxidant: It can also fight reactive oxygen species and decelerate the aging process, therefore, making it an important ingredient in skincare.
- It has anti-fatigue properties: there are studies showing that two weeks of administration of tuber melanosporum in mice increased hepatic, and muscular ATP, and decreased levels of lactic acid, therefore, meaning that it has anti-fatigue properties.
- May improve blood flow and inhibit skin irritation.
Who can use Tuber melanosporum extract?
Tuber melanosporum extract should be suitable for all skin types like sensitive skin and skin of colour.