Jujuba fruit is reported to have a number of health benefits and has been extensively planted worldwide, especially in China. Jujube fruit contains a variety of bioactive substances, such as polysaccharides, polyphenols, amino acids, nucleotides, fatty acids, dietary fiber, alkaloids, and other nutrients.
Benefits of Ziziphus Jujuba fruit extract:
- Anti-aging: since Ziziphus Jujuba fruit extract has a high antioxidant content, it can help to reduce fine lines and wrinkles, promote cell turnover, and may improve elasticity and firmness of the skin
- Anticancer: many studies have shown that Ziziphus jujube fruit bioactive substances can slow down the occurrences of some cancers by inducing cellular apoptosis, inhibiting signaling pathways, and regulating gut microbes.
- It was also found that consumption of jujube fruit can reduce cancer.
- Antioxidant: It has high concentrations of flavonoids, antioxidants, and phenols. Two homologous active polysaccharides extracted from Z. jujuba fruit had strong antioxidant effects and has the potential to scavenge free radicals.
- Immunoregulation: it can also improve the function of the immune system.
- Anti-hyperglycemia and Anti-hyperlipidemia: It helps to reduce excess sugar from the blood and can also reduce blood cholestrol from the body.
- Anti-inflammatory: It also has anti-inflammatory properties that can relieve dry skin, promote wound healing, and may soothe sunburned skin.
- Antivirus: there are studies showing that Ziziphus Jujuba fruit extract can fight against certain viruses, but the evidence is not enough.
- It also has neuroprotective properties, but not fully proven.
Who all can use it?
Ziziphus Jujuba fruit extract should be suitable to use for all skin types including sensitive skin and skin of colour, but make sure you are not allergic to this fruit.
Which brands use Ziziphus Jujuba fruit extract?
- Sulwhasoo, and
- The History of Whoo.