Asparagus cochinchinensis root extract is a traditional Chinese medicine used for treating lung and spleen-related diseases.
What are the benefits of Asparagus Cochinchinensis root extract?
- It may help with lung Yin deficiency with heat signs in the upper Jiao such as dryness of the mouth.
- It may help with non-productive cough or productive cough with scanty, viscous, blood-streaked sputum.
- It may help with kidney Yin deficiency or Jing deficiency due to kidney Yin deficiency with leg atrophy.
- It may help with lung and kidney Yin deficiency, especially wasting and thirsting disorder(upper, middle, and lower)and consumption with low-grade afternoon fever.
- It may help with constipation due to dry intestines.
- Contraindicated for those with diarrhea and anorexia due to spleen deficiency cold.
- Contraindicated for those with cough due to wind-cold.
There is not much scientific evidence that Asparagus Cochinchinensis root extract can help with the benefits mentioned above and medical conditions. Always consult a doctor before using herbs or any plant extracts.