Saussurea involucrata extract (Snow lotus) is an endangered species of the Asteraceae family, growing in the high mountains of central Asia. It has been, and is, widely used in traditional Mongolian, Uyghur, and Kazakhstan medicine as well as in Traditional Chinese Medicine as Tianshan Snow Lotus.
What are the benefits of Saussurea involucrata extract?
- Saussurea involucrata extract or snow lotus can promote blood circulation, thereby alleviating all symptoms associated with poor circulation. It also reputedly diminishes inflammation, eliminates cold and dampness from the body, invigorates, and strengthens Yin and Yang. It has long been used to treat rheumatoid arthritis, stomach ache, cough with a cold, dysmenorrhea, and altitude sickness in Uyghur and Chinese medicine.
- It has anti-neoplastic properties and has been effective in anti-cancer therapy.
- It has anti-inflammatory and anti-arthritic properties that are able to treat Rheumatoid arthritis.
- Saussurea involucrata extract has anti-oxidative and anti-aging properties that can thus scavenge free radicals, reduce oxidative stress and reduce signs of aging.
- It gives an anti-fatigue effect to the body.
- Other bioactivities of Saussurea involucrata extract include anti-microbial, anti-fungal, anti-hypertensive, anti-radiation, neuro-protective, and anti-hypoxic.
Who all can use Saussurea involucrata extract?
Saussurea involucrata extract should be suitable for all skin types including sensitive skin and skin of colour, but do make sure to conduct a test patch to see if you are allergic to this extract.