Broussonetia kazinoki root extract has been used to treat different diseases. Their barks, roots, fruits, and leaves have all been used in conventional medicine. In China, the leaves have been used to treat chronic prostatitis as a folk medicine, as well as for bleeding.
What are the benefits of using Broussonetia Kazinoki Root Extract for skin and body?
- Skin whitening and anti-wrinkle activities: B. Kazinoki root extract may help with hyperpigmentation and could maintain skin collagen content by inhibiting collagenase activity.
- Anti-diabetic and anti-obesity effects: there are many studies showing that B. Kazinoki root extract displayed therapeutic potential in obesity and type 2 diabetes by suppressing pro-inflammatory responses by activating AMPK in 3T3-L1 adipocytes.
- Anti-Inflammatory: it can also treat inflammatory diseases and be used for pharmacological purposes.
- Antioxidant activity: it can scavenge free radicals and protect the skin from aging.
- Anti-tumor: it displays anti-tumor activity by inducing apoptosis in colon cancer cells by activating AMPK phosphorylation
- Other pharmacological activities: it showed liver protection, treatment of bone diseases, promoting hair growth, increasing cAMP, immune-stimulating activity, antiangiogenic activities, anticholinesterase effects, and antinociceptive.
Who can use Broussonetia Kazinoki Root Extract?
Broussonetia Kazinoki Root Extract should be suitable for all skin types including sensitive skin and skin of colour, but do make sure to conduct a test patch to see if you are allergic to this extract.