The fruit of Zanthoxylum piperitum (ZP) is an herbal medicine in Asia that was used to treat carminative, anthelmintic, stomachic, and degenerative diseases.
What are the benefits of Zanthoxylum piperitum fruit extract?
- Anticancer activity: there are studies showing that Z. piperitum fruit extract promotes autophagic cell death in cancer cells and can be used in anticancer drug development.
- Improve facial wrinkles: topical application of Z. piperitum fruit extract along with acetyl hexapeptide-8 can improve facial wrinkles.
- Alleviation of rheumatoid arthritis: Z. piperitum fruit extract can help alleviate rheumatoid arthritis because of its anti-inflammatory activity.
- Helps alleviates bone loss in osteoporosis: via the inhibition of RANKL-induced c-fos/NFATc1/NF-κB pathway in osteoclast.
- Other pharmacological properties: may help with sickle cell disease, and has anti-viral, anti-microbial, and anti-infectious properties.
Who can use Zanthoxylum piperitum fruit extract?
Zanthoxylum piperitum fruit extract should be suitable for all skin types including sensitive skin and skin of colour, but do make sure to conduct a test patch to see if you are allergic to this extract.