Rhizoma Chuanxiong is a Chinese herb that is commonly used in Traditional Chinese medicine.
What are the benefits of using Rhizoma Chuanxiong?
- Invigorates the blood and promotes the movement of Qi: It helps to treat blood stasis, especially in gynecology with amenorrhea, dysmenorrhea, difficult labor, or retained lochia. it promotes the movement of Qi and blood stagnation with pain and soreness in the chest, flanks, and hypochondria.
- It Expels Wind and alleviates pain: it may help with externally contracted wind with dizziness, headache, or painful obstruction. It is especially useful for headaches due to wind-heat, wind-cold, or blood deficiency. It may help to treat wind skin disorders.
- When Rhizoma Chuanxiong is used with other herbs that circulate blood, this herb can strengthen the force of that circulation.
- Contraindicated in those who have Yin Deficiency Fire with a red tongue and a dry mouth.
- Contraindicated in those who have headaches due to Qi Deficiency, Liver Yang Rising, or excessive menstrual bleeding.
- Do not use it if you have vomiting and dizziness from Excess.
- Use caution if you are pregnant.
- Use caution with someone who bleeds or bruises easily.
- Symptoms of overdose include vomiting and dizziness.
There is not much scientific evidence saying that Rhizoma Chuanxiong can help with the above-mentioned benefits and medical conditions. Always consult a doctor before using herbs or any plant extracts.