Semen Persicae commonly known as the peach kernel is a herb that is used in Traditional Chinese Medicine.
Table of Contents
What are the benefits of using Semen Persicae?
- It may help in treating abdominal pain, traumatic injury, menstrual disorders, flank pain, lung abscess, and intestinal abscess with fixed abdominal masses associated with blood stasis.
- It may help with constipation due to dry Intestines.
- It reduces hardness below the heart, eliminates sudden, stops coughing and upward rebellious Qi, violent hemorrhage, breaks up mobile and fixed abdominal masses, unblocks vessels, and stops pain.
- It expels blood heat, dryness, and itching, drains stagnant blood in the abdomen, and promotes the movement of congealed blood in the skin.
- Contraindicated during pregnancy.
- Contraindicated for those with blood deficiency.
- Contraindicated for those with hemoptysis.
- Do not use too much of this herb, as it can cause bleeding.
- Overdose causes toxic side effects.
Use with caution for patients taking anticoagulants such as heparin, warfarin, and enoxaparin or antiplatelet drugs such as aspirin, dipyridamole, and clopidogrel as concurrent use may have an additive or synergistic effect.
There is not much scientific evidence saying that Semen Persicae can help with the above-mentioned benefits and medical conditions. Always consult a doctor before using herbs or any plant extracts.