Rhizoma Smilacis Glabrae, commonly known as Smooth Greenbriar Rhizome, Glabrous Greenbriar Rhizome, China Root, and Smilax is a Chinese herb that is used in that widely used for detoxication, relieving dampness and diuretic.
What are the benefits of using Rhizoma Smilacis Glabrae?
- It relieves toxicity and eliminates dampness.
- It may help to treat jaundice and joint pain.
- It may help to clear damp-heat from the skin (like recurrent ulcers or other hot skin lesions).
- It may help to promote normal urination (reduce burning, and painful urination).
- This herb may neutralize mercury poisoning.
- It is excellent for treating syphilis, especially in the secondary and tertiary stages.
- One source says that this herb promotes the functions of the spleen and stomach and strengthens the bones and muscles.
- This herb may help to inhibit the growth of cancer cells
- Caution in Liver and kidney Yin deficiency.
- Do not take with tea containing tannin.
There is not much scientific evidence that Rhizoma Smilacis Glabrae can help with the benefits mentioned above and medical conditions. Always consult a doctor before using herbs or any plant extracts.