Table of Contents
What is TWYNEO cream and how does it work?
TWYNEO is a topical prescription medicine used to treat acne vulgaris in adults and children 9 years of age and older.
It is not known if TWYNEO is safe to use in children below 9 years of age.
TWYNEO works by using microencapsulation technology. So, basically, the TWYNEO cream is designed with microcapsules that control the release of benzoyl peroxide and tretinoin on your skin.
When the cream is applied, both of these ingredients are gradually released onto your skin, so they can work together to fight acne.
What should I tell my doctor before using TWYNEO cream?
Before using TWYNEO Cream, tell your doctor about all of your medical conditions, including if you:
- have any other skin problems, including cuts, eczema, or sunburn.
- are pregnant or planning to become pregnant. It is not known if TWYNEO cream can harm your unborn baby.
- are breastfeeding or planning to breastfeed. It is not known if TWYNEO cream can pass into your breast milk.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines you take, including over-the-counter medicines, prescriptions, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
How to use TWYNEO cream?
- Use a mild cleanser to rinse your face, and pat dry with a soft towel.
- Apply a pea-sized amount of TWYNEO cream once daily (morning or night) onto each area of your face (forehead, chin, nose, and cheeks). Avoid your lips, eyes, and mouth.
- Wash your hands, as the cream may bleach or stain fabric.
- Use a moisturizer and sunscreen.
Note: Do not use TWYNEO cream in your eyes, mouth, or vagina.
What should I avoid while using TWYNEO?
- Avoid using the TWYNEO cream on skin areas with abrasions, eczema, cuts, or sunburns.
- Do not spend much time in the sunlight. You should avoid using ultraviolet light, sunlamps, and tanning beds during treatment with TWYNEO. Use sunscreen, protective clothing, or a hat to cover the treated areas.
- TWYNEO may bleach coloured fabric or hair.
How long will it take to see results?
You can see results in 2 weeks but for some people, it might take more time to see results.
Patients with a history of serious hypersensitivity reactions to benzoyl peroxide or any component of the formulation in TWYNEO.
What are the possible side effects of TWYNEO cream?
Common side effects include:
- skin irritation, and
- redness of skin
Serious side effects include:
- hives, rash, or severe itching
- swelling of your eyes, lips, face, tongue, or throat
- trouble breathing or throat tightness
TWYNEO cream may cause skin irritation such as scaling, peeling, redness, dryness, pain, stinging, or burning. If you develop these symptoms, your doctor may tell you to decrease the number of times you apply TWYNEO, use a moisturizer, or completely stop treatment with TWYNEO.
Warnings and Precautions
You may experience hypersensitivity reactions, including acute allergic reactions, rapid swelling, and hives. If a serious hypersensitivity reaction occurs, you will have to discontinue the use of TWYNEO Cream immediately and seek medical attention.
Skin Irritation/Contact Dermatitis
You may also experience skin irritation or contact dermatitis, including redness, scaling, dryness, and stinging/burning. You can use a moisturizer to help with the side effects but discontinue the product if your symptoms do not improve.
Avoid application to abrasions, cuts, eczematous, or sunburned skin.
TWYNEO cream may increase photosensitivity or sensitivity to ultraviolet light. Try to avoid exposure to artificial sunlight like tanning beds or UVA/B treatment. Use sunscreen and protective clothing when sun exposure cannot be avoided. If you get a sunburn, discontinue the use of TWYNEO Cream.
What are the ingredients in TWYNEO Cream?
Active ingredients: tretinoin and benzoyl peroxide
Inactive ingredients: butylated hydroxytoluene, anhydrous citric acid, edetate disodium, glycerin, hydrochloric acid, carbomer homopolymer type C, cetrimonium chloride, cetyl alcohol, Cyclomethicone, imidurea, mono and di-glycerides, polyquaternium-7, (S)-lactic acid, macrogol stearate, purified water, silicon dioxide, squalane, sodium hydroxide, tetraethyl ortho silicate, and white wax
How should I store TWYNEO Cream?
- Store TWYNEO cream at room temperature between 68°F to 77°F (20°C to 25°C).
- Do not freeze TWYNEO cream.
- Keep TWYNEO cream away from heat.
- Throw away the unused TWYNEO cream 30 days after first use.
- keep TWYNEO cream out of the reach of children.