Table of Contents
What is VTAMA cream?
VTAMA cream is a topical prescription medicine used to treat plaque psoriasis in adults who are over 18 years of age.
It is not known if VTAMA cream is safe and effective in children with psoriasis under 18 years of age.
What should I tell my doctor before using VTAMA cream?
Before using VTAMA cream, tell your doctor about all of your medical conditions, including if you:
- are pregnant or planning to become pregnant. It is not known if VTAMA cream will harm your unborn baby.
- are breastfeeding or planning to breastfeed. It is not known if VTAMA cream can pass into your breast milk. Talk to your doctor about the best way to feed your baby during treatment with VTAMA cream
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines you take, including prescriptions, vitamins, over-the-counter medicines, and herbal supplements.
How should I use VTAMA cream?
- Use VTAMA cream exactly as your doctor tells you to use it.
- Apply a thin layer of the cream only to your psoriasis skin lesions 1 time a day. Do not apply to the unaffected areas of your skin.
- Do not use the cream in your eyes, mouth, or vagina.
- Wash your hands after applying the cream unless you are using it to treat your hands.
- If someone else applies VTAMA cream on your skin, then they should wash their hands after application.
What are the possible side effects of VTAMA cream?
The most common side effects include:
- red raised bumps around the hair pores (folliculitis)
- pain or swelling in the nose and throat (nasopharyngitis)
- skin rash or irritation including itching and redness, peeling, burning, or stinging
What are the ingredients in VTAMA cream?
Active ingredient: tapinarof
Inactive ingredients: benzoic acid, butylated hydroxytoluene, polysorbate 80, propylene glycol, purified water, citric acid monohydrate, medium-chain triglycerides, diethylene glycol monoethyl ether, edetate disodium, emulsifying wax, polyoxyl 2 stearyl ether, polyoxyl 20 stearyl ether, and sodium citrate dihydrate
How should I store VTAMA cream?
- You can store the cream at room temperature between 68°F to 77°F (20°C to 25°C).
- Do not freeze VTAMA cream
- Protect the cream from exposure to excessive heat.
- Keep VTAMA cream out of the reach of children.